Friday, October 06, 2006

Girl Scouts, The Easy Way

My daugher joined a new Girl Scout troop tonite. She has been in GS for four years already, with me as the leader. This year I said no. She is out of elementary school,I don't have time for it, and there weren't many girls left in the troop. I said she could join another troop if we could find one. We did, it is one from my parish. Most of the girls attend or have attended the parish school, but she has met them at service unit activities. I said I'd help, and I registered, but I'M NOT THE LEADER, I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO ALL THE MEETINGS AND I DON'T HAVE TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR GETTING STUFF THERE. I did volunteer to be cookie mom, and we are going camping in a couple of weeks, and I'm going to that. Hey, I know what's fun.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to find a troop for your dd.
    My girls are registered but there are no Scouts here in Germany this year.
    There was noone willing to step foreward to lead the entire program and a treasurer as well.... and then there were leaders to be had as well....
    with just moving and starting two part-time jobs soon, I didn't feel up to taking on the task...
    my girls are okay with this... MJ is so busy with high school and the others are busy with their new adventure of school

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats