Saturday, March 24, 2007

All Done!

I was Cookie Mom this year for my daughter's Girl Scout troop. For those of you who don't know, the Cookie Mom is the one in charge of Girl Scout cookies. We train the girls in cookie procedures, goal setting etc. We pass out the order forms, we collect the order forms, we order the cookies, we pick the cookies up, we pass them out to the girls (with proper reciepts) work booth sales, pick up more cookies, listen to parents complain, collect money, make bank deposits, and finally turn in the mountain of paperwork the council requires. My troop sold 252 cases of cookies, and each case holds 12 boxes. I spent two weekends working booth sales and had cookies in my den for two weeks. Yesterday I found four more boxes (of course not the good kind) in my desk drawer, so I put them out for sale. However, I'm DONE. The money is turned in, along with the paperwork. Of course it would have been cheaper to write a check to send my daughter to Washington DC this summere than what it was to buy all the cookies we bought, but it was a good cause, right?

1 comment:

  1. I remember the feeling of handing in the final Cookie paperwork - sigh. Such a relief.....

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats