Thursday, March 15, 2007

Reading Time!

One thing I've tried very hard to do is to give my kids the same love for books that I have. So far I've had good success with my daughter and some success with my son (he loves the Harry Potter books, but most other age-appropriate books don't interest him). The baby seems to be following in thier footsteps. We have books all over the house--and that's a good thing.

One thing I figured out a long time ago is that it is always good to be the best in the office at something. When internet access was a new thing in the office, I decided that I was going to be the internet expert, and subscribed to several newsletters that have helped me achieve that goal. Today one of them discussed Ask.com, which used to be known as "Ask Jeeves". Rather than trying, like Google, to be the biggest, they are trying to be the most relevant. Anyway the article included a discussion of searching the term "children's literature" (without the quotes) on Ask.com. I did that search there and found some really cool stuff, so if you are into children's literature, go have a look.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:14 PM

    Ruth, for your ds has he read any of the Jeff Stone Five Ancestor books? The age range for his readers is rather wide, and my ds who was a reluctant reader (except for HP) devours them.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats