Saturday, October 11, 2008

Christmas Cookies--And a Contest

I love to make Christmas cookies. I pull out Mom's recipies and some I've grown to love over the years. They are sweet, yummy, and who cares if they aren't nutritious? I just read two books by Robin Jones Gunn that remind me of Christmas cookies. Finding Father Christmas and Engaging Father Christmas are both about Miranda Carlson, the daughter of an actress who is a single mother. The clues her mother left her led her to England one Christmas on a search for her father. I won't tell whether she finds her dad, but she does find her Father and his Son--but the book isn't preachy and really isn't about her conversion--which is really more of a gentle unveiling than a knock off a horse. The books are what you'd expect Christmas books to be--heartwarming and sweet--kind of like Christmas cookies.

If you'd like to win one of these, leave a comment. I'll pick a winner next Saturday. They would make a good Christmas present for a reader.

5 comments:

  1. Now I'm hungry! :-)

    Thanks for the review...can't wait for the season to begin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:32 AM

    Cookies sound great - Christmas or otherwise. The books sound fun, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Carrie. They sound like fun stories. I wonder why I didn't ask to review those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Christmas stories! :-D

    Question: how does one get involved in this book review thing?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, for the First Wildcard reviews, click on the First Wildcard emblem on my sidebar or next to the First Wildcard Posts. It will take you to First Wildcard's blog, and there you'll find a link to the Yahoo group (or you could go to yahoogroups.com and search for first Wildcard. Anyway, they send out emails when they have books to be reviewed. If you want one, you email the contact and ask for it. The books show up on your doorstep (at no charge to you)and your obligation is to post the First Wildcard post (the one with the first chapter and author info) and, if you want, a review.

    As far as the Catholic Company reviews, look for my post on feeding my addiction and it will give you a link.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats