Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Great Book for Adoration

As noted on my sidebar, I've recently become a reviewer for the Catholic Company, a Catholic bookstore. My first book for them is entitled Jesus, Present Before Me. As the name implies, it is a series of mediations for Eucharist Adoration--30 of them to be specific. The author wrote them to be used on that day of the month, but since I don't go to adoration that often, that's not the way I've been using it. As you can see, each day's mediation starts with a Scripture quote and is followed by a meditation that may quote a pope, talk about something in daily life or tell a story about a saint. The daily sections are then concluded with reflection questions (some of which have made me pretty uncomfortable, which I guess is a good thing) and a prayer. The book also includes Eucharistic meditations on the rosary, a Eucharistic Coloquey (sounds like Jesus is talking to you), a Eucharistic Litany, and a "Way of the Eucharist" patterned after the Way of the Cross.

As you can see in the photo, the book has a red sturdy cover and it is just the right size to tuck into my purse. As finding time to pray has become one of goals, I like having this available when I'm sitting somewhere waiting for something. I've been very happy with the book and would recommend it both to those who participate in Eucharistic Adoration and to those who don't, but would like to cultivate more of a devotion to the Eucharist.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats