Monday, May 11, 2009

Mailbox Monday

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at the Printed Page.
Another busy book week here. I got two children's books by a seven year old and I've already read and reviewed them, with help from my now five year old. The Sneakiest Pirate and The Heroes of Googley Woogley were real hits here. Click the link to read my review.



Testimony by Anita Shreve came from Hatchette and I'm running a contest. Click on the title to enter.



Hatchette also sent me a romance, All of Me which I have reviewed and of which I will be giving away five copies.



For First Wilcard Tours I got A Passion Denied, which is the third romance in a series, all of which concern the daughters of an Irish Catholic family in Boston--at least they were Catholic when the series started. The second book had less Catholic identity in it; I'll be interested to see how the author, Julie Lessman, handles religion in the third book (Julie was raised Catholic but left the Church).

Finally, also for a First Wildcard Tour, I got Mohamed's Moon, which is about two identical twin brothers who were separated at birth. One was raised as a Christian in the US; the other as a Muslim in Egypt. The Egyptian comes to the US to study and to take part in a terrorist plot. While there he meets the twin he never knew existed. Both are in love with the same woman, a Christian who is a childhood friend of the Egyptian. As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to start my review so check for it. I'll try to remember to link it up when I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. RAnn - All of Me looks cute - I'll be watching for your giveaway. :)

    I also received A Passion Denied. Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendi, I'd love to have you enter my contest. Just click the link to All of Me and there you will be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for stopping by the mailbox this week. Enjoy yours books!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats