Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New School Year


My little one started kindergarten this year. She's ready to be a Daisy Girl Scout and today we bought the books. I've never worked with kids that young, so this should be an experience. My older daughter is a freshman this year, but at the same school she has attended since sixth grade. This nine weeks she has two teachers she has had before and two who are new to her. Hopefully the study skills class she took this summer made its point. My son said they classified him as a junior. He'll finish in December next year, so that's right (but they sent us senior class stuff all summer--I told him we'd do all that next year). He got his schedule yesterday. They gave him two regular ed classes, adaptive PE and resource this semester and the same (different regular ed classes) next semester. He's ready to be done, but otherwise things went ok.

3 comments:

  1. As a mom and a just retired 37 year teacher as of this past June...I loved your post...how lovely that you have children at such different ages...how challenging...bless you and your great kids...and if your little kindergarten kiddo isn't adorable...did you cry when you left her? My old elementary where I taught always had a crying room with a counselor the first day or two...for parents!...later in the year, we needed it for teachers, but no such luck :-)....hope you all have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:34 AM

    Your little one is adorable. I had no idea that my youngest and your second were so close in age! Have a great school year! I hope the kids love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable! Hard to believe she is in Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats