Friday, December 18, 2009

The Haunted Rectory


I've read other books by Katherine Valentine and they'd be classified as sweet inspirational fiction.  When The Haunted Rectory became available on Bookmooch I took it. I mean the characters included a group of rug-makers who called themselves The Happy Hookers, so how serious could it be?   Well, I have to admit that I never doubted folks would live happily ever after but the story itself was dark.  The local Catholic rectory is haunted.  Two priests ran off, and now an exorcist has been assigned as interim pastor.  He is an expert in ancient manuscripts and that skill is needed to learn about what is haunting the rectory, but it is faith and the help of friends that is needed to get rid of the curse.  While the problem was solved and evil vanquished, the end of the book clearly was a set-up for another book.

1 comment:

  1. Oooo... sounds like a good one.

    I have a box of books ready for you but I'm being lazy and waiting until after the long lines are gone at the post office

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats