Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My New Toy

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Wi-Fi, Graphite, 6" Display with New E Ink Pearl Technology

Yup, now I'm one of them--one of the folks with a Kindle.  Two of the attorneys for whom I worked decided I needed one for Christmas.  In a lot of ways it is the best kind of gift--something I had been wanting, but thought I really couldn't justify the cost of, since I have review books showing up here every week, and a good library system at my disposal.  Still, I'd see the Kindle advertised, and I'd want one...and then on the day of our office party, what showed up in my office but this beauty.  

I've bought a couple of books, and downloaded some freebies and I have to say I'm impressed.  The Kindle is easy to read, easy to carry and easy to operate.  I will say that the navigation system is a bit clunky, but it does work.  I've always been a one book at a time person but I find myself flipping between several on this devise, but its not like more books are cluttering up my room, or that I have a lot to carry, and the Kindle remembers what page I'm on.  

In order to hook new owners on these toys, Amazon provides some free books.  There are free versions of most classics and even some new books are available free (though my understanding is that they don't remain that way for long).  As a book reviewer I have access to Net Galleys which provides digital review copies, and I've already got quite a backlog on my new toy.  

Grade:  A.
Click here  to purchase your own Kindle and give me a commission that I can use to buy more Kindle books!

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats