Wednesday, June 08, 2011

My Review: Bread Making: A Home Course

Bread Making: A Home Course: Crafting the Perfect Loaf, From Crust to Crumb

About the Book:
Imagine making your own ciabatta, whole-wheat sourdough, English muffins, challah, naan, rye bread, brioche, and more! Even complete beginners can successfully bake their own bread with this in-depth course in core bread-making techniques. From buying flour to slicing a warm baguette, you’ll find everything you need to know to make artisanal loaves of every bread style, including straight doughs, sourdoughs, yeasted flatbreads, and more.

My Comments:
While this is a book about baking, it isn't really a cookbook as I am used to thinking of the genre.  There are recipes but most of the almost three hundred pages of this book are used to discuss the ingredients, equipment and techniques used in baking bread rather than for recipes.  If you are used to making bread you'll probably find this book to be overkill; however if you've ever wondered how people get from yeast and flour to sandwich bread, this book will have all you ever wanted to know.

Thanks to the publisher for providing a review copy via NetGalley.

1 comment:

  1. I am not very good at making bread from scratch even though I keep trying. Maybe this book would help me find what I am doing wrong. Not sure if I would want to read 300 pages of how to do it though.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats