Monday, October 15, 2012

Merry Ex-Mas



About the Book:
Between Yuletide traditions, winter sports and mistletoe hanging everywhere, Christmas is the best time of year in Icicle Falls, Washington. But this year it's not so merry-for three of its residents, anyway. 

Cass Wilkes, owner of the Gingerbread Haus bakery, was looking forward to her daughter, Danielle's, wedding...until Dani announced that she wants her father, Cass's ex, to walk her down the aisle. Seriously? And, since every B and B is full, it looks like he, his trophy wife and their yappy little dog will be staying with Cass. 

Her friend Charlene Albach arrives at their weekly chick-flick night in shock. She's just seen the ghost of Christmas past: her ex-husband, Richard, who left her a year ago, running off with the hostess from her restaurant, Zelda's, to start a new life (and restaurant) in Seattle. Now the hostess is history and he wants to kiss and make up. Hide the mistletoe! 

And bring out the hot buttered rum, because the holidays aren't so easy for Ella O'Brien, either. Ella, who's newly divorced, is still sharing the house with her ex while they wait for the place to sell, and they are still fighting over all the things they fought over when they were married. The love is gone. Isn't it? 

But Christmas has a way of working its magic. One of these women is about to rediscover love, another is going to remember what's important in life and the third will find a new dream in the new year. Merry Ex-mas, ladies!

Between Yuletide traditions, winter sports and mistletoe hanging everywhere, Christmas is the best time of year in Icicle Falls, Washington. But this year it's not so merry-for three of its residents, anyway. 

My Comments:
This is the second book in a series about a ski resort town.  I have to say that one thing I'm glad I don't have is an ex-husband but I found it interesting to look at how these three women deal with their ex-husbands.  Honestly, I read the book some time ago, and must have forgotten to finish the review, since it published with just the Amazon blurb.  I remember it was a good, but not exceptional read, but not a whole lot else about it.  Therefore, I'll give it a B.  

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm I seem to be missing your comments. Did you post this early by mistake? (That has happened to me before!!!)
    Once again I have this slotted to read in Dec.!
    I'll come back and read your comments later.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats