Monday, August 26, 2013

Review: Winter in Full Bloom


About the Book:
Lily Winter's wings are folded so tightly around her daughter that when empty nest arrives, she feels she can no longer fly. But Lily's lonely, widowed life changes in a heartbeat when she goes to visit a woman who is almost a stranger to her-a woman who also happens to be her mother. During their fiery reunion, her mother reveals a dark family secret that she'd been hiding for decades-Lily has an identical twin sister who was put up for adoption when they were just babies.

 Without looking back, Lily-with her fear of flying-boards a jumbo jet and embarks on a quest to find her sister which leads half way around the world to Melbourne, Australia. Befriended by imprudent Ausie, he might prove to be the key to finding her sister. But her journey becomes a circle that leads her back home to attempt a family reunion and to find the one dream she no longer imagined possible-the chance to fall in love again.

My Comments:
I love happy endings and this book has a very happy ending.  Unfortunately, that happy ending is why I'm giving this book a B+ rather than an A.  The writing is superb, the characters well-developed, the descriptions of Australia make me want to go there; everything about the book is great except that the ending is just a little too clean.  In short, Lily's mother almost seems to have a personality transplant.  She didn't grow, and change into who she should have been; it was just that fast and her daughters were able to change with her, just that fast.  I just didn't buy it.  Still, the rest of the book almost makes up for the ending.  

If you are reading this post before August 29, check out the button on my sidebar to win a Kindle Fire.  

I'd like to thank Litfuse for providing a complimentary review copy.  

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when endings disappoint after a satisfying build-up. That said, it still sounds like a book I might enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is rather frustrating when endings don't do the rest of the book justice; however, this book does sound like something I might enjoy anyway.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats