Friday, October 25, 2013

Christmas in Snowflake Canyon: My Review



About the Book:
Holiday gifts don't always come in expected packages…especially in the town of Hope's Crossing. 

No one has ever felt sorry for Genevieve Beaumont. After all, she has everything money can buy. That is, until she discovers her fiancé has been two-timing her and she's left with two choices: marry the philanderer to please her controlling father or be disinherited and find a means to support herself. 

Genevieve's salvation appears in the most unlikely of prospects: Dylan Caine, a sexy, wounded war vet whose life is as messy as hers. Dylan's struggling to adjust after his time in Afghanistan, and the last thing he needs is a spoiled socialite learning about the real world for the first time. True, she may have unexpected depths and beauty to match. But he knows he could never be the man she needs…and she knows he could never be the man she thinks she wants. So why are they each hoping that a Christmas miracle will prove them both wrong?

My Comments:
I really enjoy my periodic visits to RaeAnne Thayne's Colorado town of Hope's Crossing. 

Everyone always thought Genevieve Beaumont had it all--good looks (that she worked at), friends (who were wealthy and connected) and money (Dad's, of course).  While planning her wedding, she was Bridezilla beyond compare, which of course made her few friends.  She fled to Paris after breaking her engagement when she learned her fiancee was cheating. While there she spent time with friends and spent money; finally her parents summoned her home and told her she had to fix up her grandmother's house and sell it if she wanted money.  She went into a local dive, got drunk and hit the wrong person.  Dylan came to her aid and both of them ended up in trouble with the law and sentenced to community service with the Wounded Warrior recreation program.  Dylan was suffering from the losses he sustained in Afghanistan and closing in on himself until forced to help with this program.  

Since it is a romance, and since it is set a Christmas, I don't think I need to tell you how it all works out, do I?

Like the other books in the series, there are a few hot and heavy moments but no intimate scenes.

I'd like to thank the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley.  Grade:  B.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this one - opening scene made me laugh. It's the first in the series for me so I hope to read the others.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats