Thursday, January 02, 2014

Seven Quick Takes: The Year in Review


2013 was a year of change at our house.  My middle child graduated from high school and began college at Northwestern State University of Louisiana.  I'm proud to say she finished the first semester with a 3.25 GPA as a Scholar's College student.
I'm primarily a book blogger and invite you to check out my Booking Through Thursday post where I list my "A" books for the year along with some recommended Catholic fiction.
Our family had a nice Christmas together.  My Dad is 84 and was knocked for a loop by some minor surgery this fall.  There were a couple of weeks when I wondered if he'd make it this long.  Hopefully this will not be our last Christmas together but he is getting to the age and stage of health where we all realize it may have been.
In my work life I am a paralegal who does both insurance defense and criminal defense.  This year on the criminal defense front, we successfully defended a police officer who shot someone in the line of duty.  We sent the father of five kids home to his family for Christmas after he had been imprisoned for over three years.  It made my December.
Here are the Catholic non-fiction books I reviewed this year:

 




Here are the Catholic novels I've reviewed this year:






Inside These Walls(while this isn't published as faith-based fiction, I found Catholicism to be important in the book)


The New Orleans Saints will be playing Saturday night in Philadelphia.  Geaux Saints!  Who Dat!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

  1. I assume your daughter is still home on break. I'm sure it's been good spending time together.

    I hope and pray that your dad is better and that his quality of life is good.

    And lastly, you're a paralegal. When do you read so many books! Are you a speed reader? I assume you have laundry, cooking, taxiing, etc. like the rest of us. :)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats