Saturday, March 22, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Question of the Week:  How often do you go to confession?  Do you have a regular confessor or do you go to different priests?  Not often enough.  I had a regular confessor for a while and it was a good thing.  He moved and I haven't found another and I have all the usual (bad) excuses for not going.

This week I wrote about St. Joseph's Day.  I reviewed an inspirational book by a priest. I reviewed a romance novel.  

You'll have to play without me this weekend as I am headed to horse camp with my daughter's Girl Scout troop.  Wish me luck, I'm still in a boot for my sprained foot.  


5 comments:

  1. Confession about 4 times a year, or as needed. Yes to a regular confessor, but during Lent or Advent rush another priest is fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    My posts this week include several re-posts, something I just HAD to share, a new item in my Break-off Collection, this week's fan fiction, and, of course, my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:01 PM

    For me, the chance to receive the sacrament coincides with spiritual direction...about 8 times a year. And I have found that it is indeed a blessing to have a regular confessor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to reconciliation every two weeks...sometimes every week, at times three weeks. I do not have a regular confessor; I feel in my heart that I would not allow the priest to "let go" of past confessions. A spiritual director seems more appropriate. I remain behind the screen...it offers me to see less of the man of God and be more present to God himself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How often do you go to confession? Do you have a regular confessor or do you go to different priests?

    Confession? Once a year, whether I need it or not. I donate blood more frequently.

    But we'll all have our chance next week, says the Pope.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats