Sunday, July 12, 2015

July Blogging Challenge: July 12: Memory

This post is written to be a part of the July Blogging Challenge.  To participate, link up at This Day Has Great Potential.  Here are the topics:


As I get older, I realize what a gift memories are.  At my age I realize it is likely my life is more than half lived; I truly am over the hill and on the way down.  In this post about memories I'm going to honor my Dad who passed away in 2014.

I'm guessing he was in high school in this picture; he's the one wearing the tie.



I think he was glad to become a Dad.
 

We lived on the Mississippi Gulf Coast and he spent many hours throwing that net to catch "Biloxi Bacon" a/k/a mullet. 


This is the last photo I have of my parents together; it was taken at Christmas 2005; Mom died the beginning of March. 


This was his last solo trip to New Orleans. He came over in May for my daughter's First Communion and by October he was no longer driving and had a home health aide.  


A year later he made it to my daughter's graduation from high school.  

He turned 85 the month before he died. Here he is with the two youngest grandkids.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats