Friday, January 29, 2016

Book Blogger Hop: January 29-February 4

Book Blogger Hop




Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.  This week's question:

Can you pass by a bookstore without stopping in?

Yes.  If anything, book blogging has ruined the pleasure of going to the bookstore.  As much as I read, there is no way I could afford to feed my habit at new book stores.   Pre-blogging, I'd mostly read library books, with some used books and a very few new ones.  A bookstore gift certificate was a real treat--a chance to pick out what I wanted without guilt.  Now, with a huge backlog of NetGalleys (and plenty more available where they came from) plus whatever tour books caught my eye, plus whatever was pitched to me that I chose to catch, a bookstore just seems like more of the same.  I guess there is some truth to the military statement that familiarity breeds contempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats